Sunday, March 13, 2011

Altered Wooden Box

Hi Everyone,
Here is a project I had a lot of fun making.  I had bought a wooden box at Dollarama for $2 and altered it for a little girl's birthday gift.  Inside the box is a mini that measures about 5" x 3".  For both the box and the mini I used the 'Little Girl' paper collection from Echo Park.

Here is the box before:
And here it is after being altered:



Here's the mini:
The whole project did not take very long.  I started it on a cold and gloomy Saturday morning.  One of those mornings when I knew I wasn't  leaving the house (most Saturday mornings I'm up at the crack of dawn and out of the house by 8am to do groceries and errands).   I'm looking forward to trying this with other paper collections.  Stay tuned for more!  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This is sooo super cute. I love how bright and cheerful the colors are. You are a very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Great idea for a girl gift! Another great gift idea for a girl is this wonderfully soft, snuggly, and fun “pet” for kids! Check it out here: http://www.handi-dandi-crafts.com/

    ReplyDelete